How To Dial In Your Torchmate®

Discussion in 'CNC Cutting' started by LECS Mark, Dec 8, 2016.

1. Wagnaar Fab

Wagnaar Fab Member

Not to high jack the thread but how would you dial in this cut quality issue? The lines are cutting smooth and the image looks jagged. Not sure if my drives are sticking or if my lead-in are wrong. 1/8" Mild with fine cut 45A

In this first pic, it looks like the feed rate changed some how through the cut.
    IMG_1644.JPG IMG_1641.JPG IMG_1642.JPG

2. LECS-Chad

LECS-Chad Guest

Does look like either the belts are a little loose or you do have some slippage in the pulleys. With the controller ON see if you have any movement in the gantry. Give it a wiggle with the hand on each side. Any slop needs to get resolved which could be the lock collars on the sides or the pulleys attached to the motors/lead screws. If the pulleys dont have keys then I would grind a flat spot on the shafts and blue loctite the set screws. Also hit the lead screws with some dry silicon lube. This should help with the "jaggys" Also do you have the 90 angle bracket? Take a photo of the torch body in the lifter... just want to check position.