Plasma consumables - what to get?

Discussion in 'CNC Cutting' started by OcalaWill, Feb 20, 2017.

1. OcalaWill

OcalaWill Well-Known Member

Just opened a RAM account at LE for consumables. I'd like to stock some consumables for my Flexcut 80 to avoid down time. Any suggestions on what to get? Not having much experience with plasma cutting I really don't know what wears out the most. I can say that I will be using mostly 40 and 60 amp stuff. I have both machine and hand torches to get consumables for. Thanks.

2. LECS Mark

LECS Mark Well-Known Member Staff Member

We recommend replacing the swirl ring, retaining cap, and shield cap only when clogged, cracked, or corroded. So it is more rare to replace those consumable items. You will probably want to stock a few extra shield caps for your hand torch as those are consumed much faster than on your machine torch.
    I recommend stocking a bunch of electrodes and a bunch of your most common nozzles. Good luck!

OcalaWill likes this.
  3. OcalaWill

This is very helpful, thank you. Is there a schematic of the hand torch for reference ? Mine never came with anything. There is schematic for the machine torch 0n pages 24-26 of the FC80 manual and it is very helpful - it would be great to have this for the hand torch also. Thanks.

4. LECS Mark

LECS Mark Well-Known Member Staff Member

I believe there is a schematic of the hand torch on page B-4 of the FlexCut 80 manual.

If you can't find it let me know! Thanks!

OcalaWill likes this.
  5. OcalaWill

How'd I miss that ?! Thanks!:rolleyes::)